If you exhibit one or more of these signs, then you’re in luck, you are a Green Freak:
- You don’t buy Girl Scout cookies because they have too much packaging.
- You have a worm bin for composting.
- You take Navy showers.
- You have solar panels at your house.
- You walk, bike, or carpool to work no matter what.
- You have a composting toilet.
- You cut off the bottom of the toothpaste tube to squeeze out the last bit.
- You unplugged your refrigerator.
- You buy most of your food in bulk with your own containers.
- You live in a Tiny House.
- You started your own Green Team at work.
- You recycle EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING.
- You buy the majority of your things second-hand.
- You eat the core of your apples to reduce landfill methane.
- You weigh the environmental impact of every decision (big or small) in your life and act accordingly.
Disclaimer: In the context of this blog, being considered a Green Freak is a high honor. If you have signs of being a Green Freak, but you don’t appreciate the name, then please replace “Green Freak” with “Eco Warrior”, “Sustainability Soldier” “Green King/Queen”, “Sustainability Master”, “Environmental Expert”, “Earth Savior”, “Green Hero”, “Enviro VIP”, or any similar phrase that is more to your liking.
Also, for the record, I don’t have a composting toilet (yet), and I only fulfill 8 of those 15 criteria (so far). Do you have other ideas for the Green Freak criteria? I’d love to hear them!